Are you an artist based in Derby?
Do you want to be part of celebrating the work of the culture/health and wellbeing sector?
If so, apply to be the Artist for the CHWA 2021 Awards.
In partnership with the Derby City Council Art Department, the Culture, Health and Wellbeing Alliance would like to commission an artist based in Derby to create the physical awards for the winners of the CHWA 2021 Awards.
The award winners will be announced and the awards virtually presented at a ceremony on Friday 23 April, 2-3pm, as part of CHWA’s National Conference, A Culture of Care.
The Alliance are looking for an artist to creatively respond to each of the award categories (Collective Power, Practising Well and Climate), creating 3 new artworks that reflect the themes and celebrate the creativity, curiosity and commitment of people working in the culture/health/wellbeing sector in the UK.
- The creation of 3 new artworks reflecting on the themes of the 3 CHWA 2021 Awards; Collective Power, Practising Well and Climate.
- The awards can be any media; their largest dimensions must fit within an A4 sheet. (3-dimensional objects are welcome but they cannot be taller/wider than A4).
- The artworks need to be completed and ready to be shown (live or recorded) at the awards ceremony on Friday 23 April, 2021.
- In response to the caring themes, the Alliance would like to see evidence of the use of sustainable materials and processes.
- The artwork will need to include the words Culture, Health and Wellbeing Alliance 2021 Award Winner and each relevant award category. The designs can incorporate the CHWA logo or colours (above), but this isn’t essential.
- To accompany the award, the artist will be invited to create a short, homemade video introducing the awards and the artistic vision. This will be shown at the ceremony and be later shared via the CHWA website. For inspiration, please see artist Elaine Lim Newton’s film for the CHWA 2020 Awards, here.
- The selected artist will be required to keep in regular contact with the Alliance and share images of the work in progress. Images of the final artworks will need to be sent by Monday 19 April, 2021.
- The selected artist and artworks will be promoted on the CHWA website, Twitter and Instagram. The artist will also be acknowledged at the awards ceremony.
- £800 to create the artwork and introductory video– no extra fees for materials.
- A payment schedule will be discussed upon commission and a contract raised.
- The artist will also receive a free ticket for the online CHWA Conference, A Culture of Care, 21-23 April, 2021.
- Postage costs and arrangements for the awards to be sent to winners will be discussed with the commissioned artist and be dependent on restrictions.
Applications are now closed for this opportunity.
For further information or to discuss submitting your application in a different format, please contact Hayley at firstname.lastname@example.org