A new collaborative partnership of Creative Festivals is aiming to turn May 2020 into a month of creativity and culture:
- Age of Creativity: throughout May 2020
- Get Creative Festival: 9-17 May 2020
- Creativity & Wellbeing Week: 18-24 May 2020
With creativity and wellbeing now high on the agenda in policy across culture, health, ageing, social connectedness and communities, the time has never been better to come together to discuss how we can work together to support opportunities for everyone, regardless of who they are or where they are, to participate in culture and creativity.
Across the three festivals, we will be focused on reaching out to more people, working towards positive futures and looking at mental health in young people, climate change, ageing through the life course, and public health and everyday creativity; but we welcome events and activities that relate to any health, wellbeing or wellness issue or creativity more broadly - these are open and inclusive festivals and we want to showcase whatever you are doing!
Thank you to everyone who got involved in the series of pre-festival events we held across the country in January. We were overwhelmed by the interest, ideas and commitment to making May a month of vibrant creativity, accessible to everyone.
For those who couldn't attend or would like to know more, please view the Creative Festivals Presentation.
You can also...
- read this blog by Jenni Regan, Director of London Arts in Health Forum about Creativity & Wellbeing Week 2019
- read this blog by Mary Muir at Norfolk County Council on her experience of Creativity & Wellbeing Week 2019
- see the programme for Creativity & Wellbeing Week North East 2019
- And enjoy the infographic about 2019 below!