The election of officers for the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Arts, Health and Wellbeing (APPG) was on 16 July 2020 at 2pm. The following parliamentarians were elected:
- Chair and Registered Contact: Dr Ben Spencer MP for Runnymede and Weybridge
- Co-Chair: Rt Hon. Lord Howarth of Newport CBE
- Vice Chair: Rt Hon. Baroness Morgan of Cotes
- Vice Chair: Tracy Brabin MP for Batley and Spen, Shadow Minister for Cultural Industries
- Treasurer: Baroness Andrews OBE
Brief history of the APPG
The APPG was formed in 2014 and is a cross party group of parliamentarians with a shared interest in the field of arts, health and wellbeing. The aim of the APPG is to raise awareness of the benefits that the arts can bring to health and wellbeing and to stimulate progress towards making these benefits a reality across the country.
The APPG led a two-year inquiry 2015-17, which resulted in a report, Creative Health: The arts for health and wellbeing.This is not an official website of the House of Commons or the House of Lords. It hasn't been approved by either House or its committees. All-Party Parliamentary Groups are informal groups of Members of both Houses with a common interest in particular issues. The views expressed on this webpage are those of the group.